On Friday afternoon Australia southeast time Docker released a new Docker for Windows Edge channel update for Windows 10.
This Is the third update that Docker have released In the last 10 days which mean that the quality and testing control of Docker for windows Is very good.
The update Includes the bug fixes below:
- Fix DNS “search domain” and “domain name” settings. See docker/for-win#1437
- Fix Vpnkit issue when username has spaces. See docker/for-win#1429
- Diagnostic improvements to get VM logs before VM shutdown
As you can see nothing non of the bugs Is critical however It’s always good to run the latest bug free version for best performance and stability
If you are using Windows 10, you will get the update notice below.
To update to the new version, I selected Install update.
Docker will Install the update which will take 3 minutes
When done, I get the message below telling me that the update is done.
When completed the Docker Build and version number will look like the screenshot below.
Below you can see the upcoming Docker Versions road map for upcoming releases.
Windows Server 2016 used Docker EE and Windows 10 Uses Docker CE.
Docker EE gets a new major version every 3 months and currently at 17.06 ( June 2017).
The latest Docker EE preview edition is at 17.10.0.ee-preview-3
Docker CE comes in two versions Edge and Stable:
- Edge is for users wanting a drop of the latest and greatest features every month.
- Stable is released quarterly and is for users that want an easier-to-maintain release pace.
Below you can see the Time Based Release Schedule for Docker.
CE Edge get a new version every month
Docker CE stable and EE get a new version every 3 months.