Yesterday Docker For Windows Team released a new Edge version for Windows with the new major feature, Kubernetes support.
This version also allows running Linux Containers side-by-side with Windows Containers.
New In 10.02 (official notes)
- Experimental Kubernetes Support. You can now run a single-node Kubernetes cluster from the “Kubernetes” Pane in Docker for Windows settings and use kubectl commands as well as docker commands.
- LCOW containers can now be run next to Windows containers (on Windows RS3 build 16299 and later). Use –platform=linux in Windows container mode to run Linux Containers On Windows. Note that LCOW is still experimental, it requires daemon experimental option.
Bug fixes and minor changes
- Better cleanup for Windows containers and images on reset/uninstall.
- Do not recreate Desktop icon on upgrade (effective on next upgrade)
- Fix proxy for docker.for.win.localhost & docker.for.win.host.internal.
In the Docker For Windows update, screen, click Install update and follow the prompts
At completion, Docker will have the version number below.